18 November 2021
Aston University Conference Centre
This year’s theme is Environmental and Climate Protection: Priority Actions for 2022.
In 2021, the context for the Conference is the climate crisis and the recognition that only combined action on greenhouse gas emissions and air pollution will mitigate it. As well as presentations by expert practitioners and researchers, you will have a great opportunity to meet and network in person with professionals in your field to exchange your experiences and share best practice.
Professor Jim Longhurst, EPUK President, will give an opening address and Professor Sir Stephen Holgate will close the Conference. In addition, Professor John Newton, Director of Health Improvement at Public Health England, has been invited to give an address on lessons learned from the pandemic and Lord Whitty, our retiring President will give an update on progress in the new environmental legislation.
Plenary topics will include:
- A keynote address on the benefits of a combined approach to climate and environmental protection.
- A talk on Experience of Climate Action in Bristol from Alex Minschull, Bristol City Council.
- A presentation on how technology enables a joined-up approach to climate and environmental protection actions by Eric Lindus, Bosch.
- There will be a review of EPUK Activities in 2021 and priorities for 2022 chaired by Derek Osborn.
In a change from previous conferences, there will be two special themed breakout sessions this year.
Theme 1: Lessons learned for environmental protection from the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Societal behaviour change post-pandemic
- Public health lessons from the pandemic: reducing vulnerability, increasing resilience.
- Impacts of the pandemic on the environment on noise.
Theme 2: Priorities for local action on environmental protection and climate change with talks on:
- EPUK’s action plan for air quality and climate change.
- Transport planning for clean air, low carbon, urban tranquillity.
- Greener redevelopment: land use and construction codes.
The Conference will be of particular interest to:
- Local authority officials in Environmental Health, Climate Action, Contaminated Land, Planning and Transport, and Public Health Ofﬁcers
- Elected members with an environment or public health brief or interest
- Environmental managers from the private and public sectors
- Practitioners: Environmental businesses and consultants
- Academics and students involved in teaching, research and learning in environmental protection
- Environmental interest groups, Public health interest groups, and other NGOs.
Attendance at this event provides 7 hours CPD certification.
SIGN UP BELOW